Thursday 9 October 2014

My Bodycare Routine

Dear Beauty Diary,
If people have skincare routines, why can't I do a similar post on my bodycare routine? So I have put together a few products which I use on my body. I have done posts on my skincare routine and a what's in my shower post, click to read if you're interested. :)

LUSH Sweetie Pie Shower Jelly, $12 (USD $9.60)

I love the diverse range of soaps and shower gels LUSH offers. They have so many great scents! When I heard of using jelly to shower, I just had to get one of the LUSH shower jellies. I prefer the sweet scent of Sweetie Pie over the refreshing one of Whoosh, so I got myself a tub of Sweetie Pie. Its really a jingly piece of jelly. Its quite hard to use in the shower, so I cut mine up into many tiny little pieces and use a piece each time I shower. It smells like blackcurrant syrup, and leaves a nice layer of moisture on my skin every time I use it. By the way, this product really works. It lathers up and cleanses really well. ;)


The Body Shop Cocoa Butter Body Scrub, $30 (USD $23.99)

For those days that I want to get rid of all that dull, rough skin, I whip out The Body Shop Cocoa Butter Body Scrub and get the scrubbing going. This body scrub is pretty rough and harsh and will buff away all that dead skin cells. It is very scrubby and a little goes a long way. While it is really scrubby, I feel that its not all that good at moisturising. You definitely need to follow up with a body lotion after all that intense scrubbing. This scrub smells delicious though! It smells like a chocolate cake, made with dark chocolate - it isn't a sweet chocolate scent. Click here to read my full review on The Body Shop Cocoa Butter Body Scrub.


The Body Shop Honeymania Body Scrub, $30 (USD $23.99)

As you can see, my Honeymania Body Scrub from The Body Shop has received a lot of love from me. Ohhh I just love the scent of this scrub so much! It smells like flowers and honey. Its really gentle too, so I use it very often throughout the week. Its pretty moisturising, especially when you're washing off the scrub. The scrub turns into a milky lotion, which I leave on my skin for a while to double up as a moisturiser. I would recommend this scrub to those who have sensitive skin. Its really gentle and isn't all that harsh to your skin. Click here to read my full review on The Body Shop Honeymania Body Scrub.


LUSH Ro's Argan Body Conditioner, $58 (USD $46.39)

Sometimes, I use the LUSH Ro's Argan Body Conditioner in the shower. Its a body conditioner, so it has to be washed off in the end. If I don't feel like applying body lotion that day, I would use this little pot of rose goodness. I apply soap to cleanse, wash it off, towel dry, then apply this body conditioner. I personally feel that it takes quite some time to sink in. I usually wait around in the shower and read a book or so for 20 minutes while I wait for the product to sink in. Then I wash it off and towel dry. It is quite oily and leaves a film on your skin though, which I don't find very comfortable. Thus I only use this on a whim. It is worth mentioning though, since the scent is just so sweet and smells like vanilla ice cream with rose petals.


LUSH Celebrate Body Lotion, $43 (USD $34.39)


Close up of LUSH's Celebrate Body Lotion

Can you see, can you tell? I love my LUSH Celebrate body lotion so much! It smells like a tangy orange, and sniffing it always makes me feel positive and happy. No wonder, citrus oils have the ability to energise you up. LUSH's Celebrate body lotion is packed full of citrus oils - Brazilian orange oil, cognac oil, lime oil and orange flower absolute. This body lotion is also super moisturising. It has almond oil and cocoa butter to leave you feeling buttered up. Almond oil is a rich, thick oil that takes some time to sink in, and is the first ingredient (and thus is in highest concentration) in this body lotion. That's good news eh? I'm almost done with my pot of Celebrate body lotion!


Burt's Bees Almond Milk Beeswax Hand Creme, $18 (USD $14.40)

I have been trying out this Burt's Bees Almond Milk Beeswax Hand Creme for the past couple weeks now. I only need around a finger swipe of it to cover my hands. It smells like cherry with a hint of almond in it. I'm neutral towards the scent, I don't particularly love it, but I don't mind the scent at the same time. Is that weird? I guess you have to go up and sniff it to decide for yourself. This is a very rich hand cream and takes around 10 minutes to sink in completely. However, while it moisturises my hands nicely, I feel like I need to say that I find the texture a little weird. It's very hard, almost like a hard butter, and doesn't spread easily in your palms. I presume that's due to the high concentration of kaolin (aka. clay) present in the hand cream. Its odd to have kaolin in hand cream, but who knows? Apart from the texture, this is a nice hand cream to have around.


Badger Sore Joint Rub, $13.90 (USD $11.12)

This Badger Sore Joint Rub is a balm for your tight and sore muscles, but I included this in my Bodycare routine since I use it almost daily. Look, I've already hit pan! I get sore muscles quite often (too many reasons to list haha), and I used to toss around in bed since my body ached so much I couldn't fall asleep. This balm has been great to me. I scoop a little of it out, rub it on my sore muscles, and massage it in. It has a texture of a soft balm, so it melts relatively easily when you rub it in. I must stress that its really important to massage the balm in for you to feel its effect. I think your blood will flow better and let you better feel the relaxing effects of the balm. Your muscles will tingle for a good while after using this balm, but oh it makes all those knots go away. ^_^ It smells delightfully of ginger, and has a warm cinnamon scent. It moisturises nicely too, what a nice surprise! It being USDA Certified Organic too simply makes this balm one of the products that I hold closest to my heart.


I guess that's all for my Bodycare routine. What a long post, whew I'm glad we finally made it to the end. What do you think of the products I use daily? Hopefully, my post has inspired you to try out some of the products I've mentioned!

Do you have any recommendations for me to try? :)

No comments: